Resilience Research and Education Promotion Consortium applies accumulated knowledge and skills of associated institutions to new degree program of University of Tsukuba, and fosters human resources who promote realizing resilience society.
Master's and Doctoral Programs in Risk and Resilience Engineering, University of Tsukuba
Master’s/Doctoral Programs in Risk and Resilience Engineering are brand-new and extraordinary degree programs run by the Collaborative Graduate School System at the University of Tsukuba. Our consortium works as a steering group of these programs and offers research guidances, lectures, and internship programs.
The degree program’s website: https://www.risk.tsukuba.ac.jp/
Outline of fostering human resources what our consortium aims for.
What is our consortium aiming for?
- We aim to foster human resources who respond flexibly to the contingency and changing situations in modern society, and who have ability to research and practice to maintain, provide, and recover desired social functions.
The diverse educational methods which our consortium would provide
- High-grade researchers of our consortium who have academic qualifications supervise student’s researches.
- Highly professional researchers give lectures on the current topics of Risk and Resilience.
- We offer a variety of internship programs at the associated institutions. It usually takes a couple of weeks to months and enables students to get some business experiences under coaching from researchers who have professional knowledge and skills in the relevant fields.
- Student’s achievements and acquired competences are evaluated qualitatively and quantitatively by using Achievement Level Assessment System.
- We regularly review the system of fostering human resources in accordance with PDCA cycle.
Fulfilling contents which our consortium would provide
- Main coaching in accordance with research topics
- Sub trans-border coaching by industry-academia partnership
- Lectures, practices, and internship programs by top-class researchers of each fields
（Example of courses offered）
|Subject Name||Responsible Institutions
(except for University of Tsukuba）
|Introduction to Risk and Resilience Engineering||Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd (DNP), NEC Corporation, Electronic Navigation Research Institute (ENRI)|
|Advanced Course in Human Factors||Japan Automobile Research Institute (JARI)|
|Advanced Course in Security discussion||SECOM CO., Ltd.|
|Introduction to Disaster Risk and Resilience||National Research Institute for Earth Science and Disaster Resilience (NIED)|
|Introduction to Environment, Energy, and Security Engineering||National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry (CRIEPI)|
|Internship A / B in Risk and Resilience Engineering Master’s Program||All associated institutions|